Naar Galaxy 19

Naar Galaxy 19

Berichtdoor Jaapbvn » za 07 apr 2018, 16:38

Hi BVN.ers

Is er al iemand overgestapt naar Galaxy 19. Ben benieuwd naar de ervaringen voor dat ik weer het dak op klim.

Jaap
Jaapbvn

Re: Naar Galaxy 19

Berichtdoor sparkycivic » zo 08 apr 2018, 17:42

Galaxy 19 is quite easy to aim, and has strong signals in USA and Canada.
Sorry I only spoke Friesian until 2 years old, and moved to Canada, so My only Dutch is through translator(blame my parents ). I can only imagine the grammar isn't good using the Google translator.

Galaxy 19 is vrij eenvoudig te richten en heeft sterke signalen in de VS en Canada.

Sorry ik heb pas tot de leeftijd van 2 jaar Fries gesproken en ben naar Canada verhuisd, dus mijn enige Nederlander is via een vertaler (geef mijn ouders de schuld). Ik kan me alleen maar voorstellen dat de grammatica niet goed is met de Google-vertaler.
sparkycivic

Berichtdoor JohnCV » di 10 apr 2018, 20:38

Have you actually moved your dish and are you using the "galaxy 19" signal now? I am anxious to switch and expect no problems in Denver.

Just tired of all the mosaics despite an optimum orientation of my dish. It would be hard to ever have to find that exact orientation back.

Appreciate CONFIRMATION BY ANYBODY. Publications by Hilversum seem to take time to materialize, like before in February!
Existence of a new "Eutelsat" frequency is still not seen today by a blind scan of my receiver.
JohnCV

Berichtdoor fuifnummer » di 10 apr 2018, 22:13

If the weather cooperates I will go over tomorrow, and send feedback to this forum.
Update 4/11 15:30 Philly time. As requested I will keep a log of the progress.
Fortec Star Mecury II Receiver. Using two skype accounts for video connection to the roof.
I set the receiver to the Hopechannel as that is usually a strong signal.
Settings: Frequency 11842 Mhz
Polarity Horizontal
Symbol Rate 22000 MSps
This came in very quick indeed but did not draw in 12060 on the power scan. And when I did it manually there was no signal. So why the Hopechannel TP came in but not the others is weird as there on the same satellite.
Next step is to set the BVN Frequency and see if I can get a signal. => Found 12060 80% signal and 55 quality, enough for a picture...
It works folks so go ahead and make the shift.
fuifnummer

Berichtdoor johanr » wo 11 apr 2018, 21:35

As I wrote in a different thread ("Slechte Ontvangst"), the new EutelSat signal is there. I have been using it since last Friday, and have the best picture quality ever since BVN moved to FTA.

I have a USB sat receiver (talking to a linux server running MythTV as a PVR), and I had to tell it to search for 'normal' DVB-S, op 11984MHz, FEC 1/2, 3600Ms/s

I have a great signal with 75% quality, but note that I use a 1.2m dish (had no problem finding the sat however.). I am at 45 degrees, more north then Denver, so you should be able to find it...

Johan
Have you actually moved your dish and are you using the "galaxy 19" signal now? I am anxious to switch and expect no problems in Denver.

Just tired of all the mosaics despite an optimum orientation of my dish. It would be hard to ever have to find that exact orientation back.

Appreciate CONFIRMATION BY ANYBODY. Publications by Hilversum seem to take time to materialize, like before in February!
Existence of a new "Eutelsat" frequency is still not seen today by a blind scan of my receiver.
johanr

Berichtdoor fuifnummer » wo 11 apr 2018, 22:27

Hi Johan,

I moved the small dish (76cm) and it worked. The 100 cm will go later, just making sure that Galaxy is here to stay..:-)
As I wrote in a different thread ("Slechte Ontvangst"), the new EutelSat signal is there. I have been using it since last Friday, and have the best picture quality ever since BVN moved to FTA.

I have a USB sat receiver (talking to a linux server running MythTV as a PVR), and I had to tell it to search for 'normal' DVB-S, op 11984MHz, FEC 1/2, 3600Ms/s

I have a great signal with 75% quality, but note that I use a 1.2m dish (had no problem finding the sat however.). I am at 45 degrees, more north then Denver, so you should be able to find it...

Johan

fuifnummer

Berichtdoor fuifnummer » wo 11 apr 2018, 23:33

Its done and it workes

fuifnummer

Berichtdoor JohnCV » do 12 apr 2018, 18:11

Thanks for all your efforts and feedback. The Eutelsat satellite was a total disaster the past 24 hours, so I will burn that bridge behind me and move the dish over to Galaxy 9. Expect no problems, other than an overnight blizzard forecast for tonight. Will report later.
JohnCV

Berichtdoor fuifnummer » vr 13 apr 2018, 13:22

Helemaal begrijpen doe ik het toch noet. Op Galaxy heb ik een minder krachtig signaal en minder Quality maar helemaal geen blokjes perfect beeld. Heeft dat te doen met die 3600/22000 Symbol rate..
fuifnummer

Berichtdoor JohnCV » zo 15 apr 2018, 00:05

Was able today to find the new BVN-TV channel on Galaxy 19 in Denver. Signal/Quality numbers of 84/73 percent with the dish I had installed a year ago (85-90cm). Will do some final tweaking. Farewell to Eutelsat.

THANKS again folks.
JohnCV

Terug naar “%s” Amerika